Archive for month: August, 2012
Elegant Weddings Bahamas starts with our exclusive Bahamas luxury wedding packages. Which allows you to plan your breathtaking wedding in the Bahamas on a beautiful beach or garden, while ensuring a unforgettable and stress free Bahamas wedding.
Well if you are the bride wonder what to wear to your beach wedding in the Bahamas, here are the best wedding dresses for a wedding on the beach in the Bahamas. Along with some advice on selecting your perfect beach wedding dress from Mara Urshel, co-owner of Kleinfeld Bridal Salon in NYC.
The Bahamas Men’s 4×400 meters relay team of Demetrius Pinder, Chris Brown, Ramon Miller and Michael Mathieu struck gold at the London 2012 Olympics and dethroned the American’s in the process.
The relay was a much anticipated race for us in the Bahamas as our hopes for a medal at the London games were quickly fading after we had failed to medal in the flat 400 meters and triple jumper Levan Sand, was taken off the jumping pit on a stretcher.
So it was with bated breathe that a nation waited and watched the Bahamas Men 4x400M Relay team.
Bahamas Strikes Gold in London
The “golden boys” delivered and improved on their silver medal performance in Beijing by capturing the gold in a Bahamian record time of 2:56:72. The Bahamas’ first medal at the London 2012 Olympics.
Congratulation to the “golden boys” and we salute all our athletes at the London 2012 Olympics. You have made us a very happy nation!
Bahamas Men 4x400M Relay Strikes Gold in London
The event which took place at Grand Central Terminal in New York City, was designed to celebrate the launch of Sandals’ all-new destination wedding concept “Your Wedding, Your Style.” A wedding concept that allows couples to personally style the “look and feel” of their dream wedding at any of Sandals Resorts using an online inspirational board that is available to them 24 hours a day.
NYC “Say I Do” to Sandals Resorts
Grand Central’s Vanderbilt Hall was transformed into a tropical paradise for the event, complete with Caribbean cocktails, island cuisine, spa pampering, virtual golf, and trip giveaways. Just what you would expect from the Caribbean’s leader in Destination Weddings and the resort that has branded itself as the “Luxury Included” Resort.
The star studded event had as its host and special guest emcee, celebrity fashion designer and star of TLC’s Say Yes To The Dress and Randy to the Rescue, Randy Fenoli. The event was a hit as nearly 1,000 vacation-seekers and brides-to-be attended the New York “Say I Do” to Sandals Resorts.
Well, enough said here are the highlights of the NYC “Say I Do” to Sandals Resorts and I’m sure you are going to be blown away by the “big heart” gesture of Adam Stewart to military brides to be in attendance.
New York City launch of “Say I Do” to Sandals Resorts
About Sandals Resorts
Sandals Resorts is an operator of all-inclusive resorts for couples in the Caribbean and part of Sandals Resorts International (SRI), parent company of Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts, Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, Fowl Cay Resort and several private villas.
Founded by Jamaican-born Gordon “Butch” Stewart in 1981, SRI is based in Montego Bay, Jamaica and is responsible for resort development, service standards, training and day-to-day operations.
Sandals Resorts has properties throughout the Caribbean islands of Jamaica, The Bahamas, Saint Lucia, Antigua, Turks & Caicos and Cuba with 13 Sandals Resorts, four Beaches Resorts, two Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, one Fowl Cay private island resort and four villa properties in Jamaica.
Sandals Resorts in the Bahamas
If you are looking to “Say I Do” at a Sandals Resorts, there are two very distinct and beautiful properties in the Bahamas, Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island located on Cable Beach in Nassau and Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma that you should consider.
There is no question that after the overwhelming success of the recent Bahamas 16 Islands Wedding Invitation promotion that saw 16 UK brides win destination wedding and honeymoons in the Bahamas, there will be lots more couples from the UK having their wedding in the Bahamas.
Be sure and check out the video below of Peter and Joanna’s Cat Island wedding.
The promotion got persons talking about islands other than New Providence, with Nassau and Paradise Island, and Grand Bahama with Freeport the most popular of the Bahamas Island.
Now they are talking about the hidden gems of the Bahamas islands – San Salvador, Cat Island, Crooked Island & Acklins, Eleuthera & Harbour Island, Bimini, Andros, Exuma and the Abacos – with their unique charm, warm and friendly people, exotic foods, turquoise waters and incredible weather.
It is that incredible weather that can be a challenge as it is very different from the weather in the UK. And with the added sunshine and warmer climate comes the need to better understand and protect yourself against these elements.
So today we are featuring Mariam Jensen, one of the UK’s leading Make Artist sharing her destination wedding and honeymoon make up and skin care tips for UK brides and grooms.
Destination wedding and honeymoon make up and skin care tips
There is no question that you want to look great on your wedding day and that you also want your pictures to look great as well. So here are Mariam’s tips and some of the products she recommends for looking gorgeous in the tropical Bahamas heat not only your wedding day but during your honeymoon as well.
- Invest in a high-spectrum sun protector for the face and body that is water resistant like Shu Uemura UV Armour High Protection Sun Protector SPF 50
- Apply your water resistant sun protection to your face before applying your make up.
- Use Hourglass Cosmetics Illusion Tinted Moisturizer, instead of heavy foundation, to give your skin a flawless and even look while increasing hydration and diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Get yourself some MAC Blot Films to blot off excess oil and sweat.
- Use an oil control powder like Cover FX Matte FX Oil Absorbing & Blotting Powder, to maintain a shine-free look through out the day. And grooms it works for you to.
- Be sure and get a good set of brushes for applying your makeup. The new Japonesque Travel Brushes are great for traveling.
- Use a beautiful coloured eye pencil to create a soft, smokey line with a little bit of colour. NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, is a great pencil that is long lasting (12 hours) and comes in 10 shades.
- Maintain your gorgeous, sun-kissed glow in the water and in hot climates with Hourglass Cosmetics’ product long-wearing makeup Superficial Waterproof Brozer
- Use a waterproof mascara like Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara, which also has an enhancing formula that helps the growth and conditioning of lashes
- Keep your lips luscious and kissable in the sun with MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner which also hydrates and contains SPF 15. And to get more definition, use MAC Whirl Lip Pencil.
Thanks Mariam for sharing these make up and skin care tips with our brides for their destination wedding and honeymoon. You can check out her website mariamjensen.com for more information on Mariam and her services.
Peter and Joanna’s Cat Island Bahamas Wedding
And if you are looking to have your destination wedding and honeymoon in the Bahamas, here are our Bahamas destination wedding packages