Archive for month: October, 2012
To celebrate the British spy 007’s 50th birthday and the release of the latest James Bond movie Skyfall, we are sharing with you those memorable Bahamas locations featured in the blockbuster movies over the years with our James Bond 007 Bahamas getaways.
Sir Sean Connery in the Bahamas
The Bahamas has enjoyed a long relationship with the Jame Bond movie franchise going back some 47 years so its only fitting to celebrate 007’s golden anniversary in the Bahamas. As the Bahamas is the embodiment of exotic and exciting destinations.
I am hoping that as we celebrate this amazing franchise that has grossed over $15 billion from 22 movies that you will seize the opportunity to release the “Bond” in you and come see us in the Bahamas.
James BOND 007 Thunderball Underwater Battle Exuma Bahamas
James Bond 007 in the Bahamas
The Bahamas was such a smash for James Bond that not only does the original Bond, Sir Sean Connery own a home in the Bahamas but four of Bond movies have also been shot here:-
- Thunderball (1965)
- Never Say Never Again (1983)
- Licence to Kill (1989)
- Casino Royale (2006)
Islands of the Bahamas featured in James Bond Movies
With each film capturing the uniqueness and diversity of the islands of the Bahamas from a much different prospective:-
- In Thunderball it was the battle in the underwater caves of the Exuma Cays. Highlighting one of the most outstanding snorkeling attractions in all of the Bahamas and the world
- In Never Say Never Again it was New Providence and the uniqueness of Clifton Pier and Downtown Nassau
- Licence to kill featured Bimini the island gateway to the Bahamas and home of Hemingway and Martin Luther King Jr
- Casino Royale showed the ultra luxurious side of the Bahamas at the exclusive beach side villa resort of Paradise Island,
Albany House Albany Bahamas
Bahamas Hotels in James Bond Movies
- Thunderball featured the Staniel Cay Yacht Club located in The Exumas and the British Colonial Hilton in downtown Nassau, New Providence
- Never Say Never Again say the British Colonial Hilton making its second appearance in the series.
- Licence to Kill featured Bimini Island
- Casino Royale feature the One & Only Ocean Club on Paradise Island and Albany Estate, now a private golf community partly owned by Tiger Woods
Bahamas wedding venues
The Bahamas is not only an exciting destination for adventure but an amazing location for a destination wedding.
And having your wedding at the French Cloister at the One & Only Ocean Club Paradise Island, brings you face to face with the luxury experienced by James Bond in Casino Royale with both a view of the incredible tropical garden and a breath taking view of the Nassau Harbour.
While Glenn’s Bahamas Beach Nuptial give you the thrill of being on a secluded powdery white sand beach with cool ocean breeze gently caressing your face as you exchange wedding vows with your soul mate. And its only one of the many Bahamas Beach wedding packages you use to experience the pristine beaches of the Bahamas
No matter your pleasure you can a place that is ideally you to enjoy these exotic James Bond 007 Bahamas getaways.